HYDE #9 Tawny PORT Cask finished Single Malt Irish Whiskey.
• This is one of our most unique single malt bottlings to date.
• Tripled distilled on a traditional coper pot still, to our very strict HYDE specification, from 100% malted barley, in one Irish distillery location.
• This Single Malt was firstly aged for 8 years in 200L flame
charred, ex-Bourbon oak casks sourced from Kentucky in the USA, before being transferred into juicy 200L, first fill, toasted, Tawny PORT oak casks from the Douro Valley in Northern Portugal, for a further 9 months of cask finishing.
• The flamed bourbon cask initially imparts a sweet vanilla and caramel influence, followed by the grape-meets-raisin Tawny PORT wine cask character, which adds a spicy, dried fruit finish for a long smooth taste.
• We think you will agree that the double-casking and the long wait for this very special Single Malt whiskey to slowly mature under bond in County Cork, Ireland, has been worth the wait!
NOSE: Dried dark fruits with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, and
blackberry for a grapemeetsraisin nose that defines Tawny PORT
TASTE: Notes of green apples, honey, citrus, spice, dried fruit, black pepper, and hazelnut, with a vanilla-like buttery
finish that lingers on the palate.
FINISH: Medium to long with a grapey, malty, spicy, lingering